Re: [DotGNU]The Java Project Spectrum

From: Gopal.V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]The Java Project Spectrum
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 18:58:32 +0530

Hi,
> - JVM front-end to the CVM coder system, to put native
> Java bytecode support directly into the engine.
>
> - JVM2IL translator for converting JVM programs into IL
> prior to feeding them into regular pnet tools.

        These are the two things I'm looking into now. I think
the group from IITK & Me will be able to tackle the second
thing. But the first idea is much more attractive to me.
But to take the first few steps ie getting a JVMCoder into
Pnet looks difficult to me. I mean where do you get this
code into ?. (and anyway both need a bytecode-verifier).

        I tried reading up on cvm*.c,convert.c.null_coder.c
But I did not see where the IL specific coder part is.
(mebbe I'm just blind).
> - Modifying GNU Classpath to redirect native methods
> to ECMA-compatible CLI facilities.
        We can try this only after Marcin stabilizes his
Java compiler.( and GPL's his code ! :-)

Gopal.V
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success