Re: [DotGNU]TextWriter, 'standard' overriding (a little OT)

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]TextWriter, 'standard' overriding (a little OT)
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 09:26:05 +1000

S11001001 wrote:

> What I mean is, while Stream declares CanRead, CanWrite, Write(byte[], int,
> int), ... as abstract, these are not implemented in TextWriter, and nothing
> says to implement them in either TextWriter or StringWriter.

Huh?  Because TextWriter does not inherit from Stream,
there's no need to do this at all.  StreamWriter *uses* a
stream, but doesn't inherit from it either.  And StringWriter
doesn't need streams at all.  I'm confused as to where
the problem is.  AllTypes.xml doesn't document this case,
because there is no case, so to speak.

> Oh, I forgot a little protocol...I therefore announce that I am working on
> System.IO.StringWriter :)

Duly noted. :-)