Re: [DotGNU]Parse Error With Pnet

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Parse Error With Pnet
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 15:06:11 +1000

Open Source wrote:

> Hi,
>   I have downloaded the latest pnet0.8 and decided to
> try some C# programming.
>
> The following cs code fails with a parse error

The compiler bugs have been fixed in the CVS version
of pnet.  The parse error was due to the "6." in the
"6.ToString()" expression being treated as a floating
point constant by the lexer, instead of an integer
followed by a dot.  There were also a couple of other
method invocation bugs shown up by this case.

However, you will still have problems.  The pnetlib
code for "Write" does not support "{0}" formatting
just yet (someone please submit a patch for this).
So, you'll have to split your test case into two lines
for the time being.