Re: [DotGNU]And the winner is ... Gumbo!

From: Glenn Chambers
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]And the winner is ... Gumbo!
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 13:55:05 -0500

On Saturday, March 9, 2002, at 06:49 AM, Gopal.V wrote:

If memory serves me right, Rhys Weatherley wrote:
"Gumbo: Hotter and Spicier than regular Limbo"
        Yes, Gumbo..that name sticks (pun intended).

        Well Gumbo's a good name considering the fact it
starts with "G" ==> GNU.

Interestingly, I recently stumbled across a paper published on the web
where the author denounced the tendency towards developing web
sites using "language gumbo". (Referring to mixing e.g., PHP, Perl, Java,
etc as the mood strikes you.)

Glenn Chambers
Toledo, OH