Re: [DotGNU]Open Source's Dot-Net Less Open

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Open Source's Dot-Net Less Open
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 12:54:19 +0100

Seth Johnson <address@hidden> wrote:

> The GPL emphasis on transparency goes against the aspiration
> to offer a toll stream, via content control, to the
> "content" industries.

This is definately true.  But do Intel and HP have ambitions
in this area?  If not, then the interests of "content"
industries IMHO don't explain why Intel and HP said that they
needed the license change.  I'm sure that they'll have better
reasons behind such statements than sympathy for certain overly
ambitious companies.

Greetings, Norbert.

--
A founder of the http://DotGNU.org project and Steering Committee member