Re: [DotGNU]Licence question about GNU and GCC

From: S11001001
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Licence question about GNU and GCC
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 16:43:09 -0600

James Michael DuPont wrote:
The issue with soap is that you can link from any non
gpled to gpled.

There's a fine line between execution and linking...I always found it strange
that although a prop. prog couldn't call functions directly from GPL, it could
just add an extra layer to accomplish the effect, namely a libc exec() call.
This is extremely soft distinction.

I think it may be a possibility, albeit dangerous, to go for GPL v3 to address
these new concerns. I do understand exactly what you are saying here.

--
Be warned that typing \fBkillall \fIname\fP may not have the desired
effect on non-Linux systems, especially when done by a privileged user.