Re: [DotGNU]Call for a truce over mono vs pnet

From: S11001001
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Call for a truce over mono vs pnet
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 22:12:33 -0600

Barry Fitzgerald wrote:
        Sound strange?  I'm sure it does, but part of the problem is a
psychological nationalism -- my side vs. your side.  One way to negate
this is to begin collaborating on a shared organization -- new, neutral
ground.  Is this agreeable to everyone involved?  If we don't do something
like this, we may continue to see these arguments, which are good for
nobody involved.

Sounds really good to me. I've subscribed to mono-list to see where I can spot opportunities for unofficial collaboration, and it filters to the same folder as dotgnu messages (I'm really proud of this, for some reason). However, I get the feeling that more official cooperation will have to wait, till "some point in the future."

--
Personally, I think my choice in the mostest-superlative-computer wars has to
be the HP-48 series of calculators.  They'll run almost anything.  And if they