Re: [DotGNU].NET SDK

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU].NET SDK
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 08:45:02 +1000

Daniel Carrera wrote:

> Hello,
> The file pnetlib/HACKING says that I can use the Microsoft SDK.

It can be used to compile pnetlib, yes.  But we are
rapidly trying to get to a point where we don't need it
any more.

> I just want to doublecheck that there are no licensing problems involved
> in using that.

Well, there are licensing problems, but we don't really
know what the effect of the EULA will be.  So, I don't
encourage people to use it unless it is unavoidable.

If you do use MS'es compiler, then use it only to compile
the library.  Write your code based on the ECMA spec,
not MS documentation.