Re: [DotGNU]using the -shared option(.dll)

From: Gopal.V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]using the -shared option(.dll)
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 01:52:24 +0530

If memory serves me right, prashant patel wrote:
> I am tring out the use of the -shared option on the
> following code.

It worked for me ? This works on my box with a 2 day old CVS.
The compiler's been moving so fast that, you might need to get
a new cvs head ?.

Debugging Tip for Shared lib development

Please try ildasm'ing your hello.exe and make sure it contains

.assembly extern sh
{
        .ver 0:0:0:0
}

and sh.dll contains

.assembly sh
{
        .hash algorithm 0x00008004
        .ver 0:0:0:0
}
        and you should be able to see the [sh] assembly reference in

newobj  instance [sh]Shared::.ctor()
&
call    instance [sh]Shared::Print()

        Hope that helps . Also I think I'll compile a set of questions
about "Pnetlib -- how what where ?". The questions I ask aren't
"newbieish" enough, so I need help !.

        Please send me questions (and answers if posssible;) about
Pnetlib that can be made into a FAQ. It'll be put up on site with
"Curiosity killed the doubt" heading.

Here's your chance to contribute something easy , and it needs newbies too.

Gopal.V
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success