Re: [DotGNU]Concept: Forum

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Concept: Forum
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 16:06:43 +0200

Silvernerd <address@hidden> wrote:

> Forum (as I now call it) is another kind of app. It does not invent
> technologies, but integrates them in a user-friendly package. Forum will
> let app specially designed for a task (like Jabber) handle the
> individual tasks. So Forum does not compete with Jabber, it just uses
> it's power.

Hmm... what is the relationship between these ideas, and what
phpGroupWare (which is part of GNU and DotGNU already) is doing?
Would it make sense to extend phpGroupWare, perhaps with a
downloadable user interface component, so that it will also meet
those user needs which you have in mind?

> I've been busy defining and extending the forum concept and found out
> that a forum should have a user interface (2D now and hopefully 3D in
> the
> future) and should support a variety of service types. I mean that a
> forum can (for example) have files for download, webpages to view and a
> chatbox. Also forums are highly and easily adaptable for the forum owner
> and forums can have a certain subject. You could have a DotGNU forum
> with all the downloadable files, webpages and a chat option.
>
> Looking at the reactions I believe that this concept could become a good
> project so here is the
> official proposal.

Greetings, Norbert.

--