[DotGNU]CVS commit protocol

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: [DotGNU]CVS commit protocol
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 10:46:46 +1000

When committing changes to the CVS server, please follow
the following protocol:

- Do a "cvs update -d" before updating the ChangeLog.
- If files were updated, then rebuild to ensure that your
  changes are compatible with the other person's.
- Update the ChangeLog.
- Commit.

I just spent several minutes repairing the pnetlib ChangeLog
file to remove a change conflict that someone (I won't name
names) checked into the tree.  Hopefully I didn't lose any
change information in the process.

The above sequence will minimise the chance that files
(particularly ChangeLog) will get trashed due to conflicts.