[DotGNU]CSCC Compiler Testing

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: [DotGNU]CSCC Compiler Testing
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 06:47:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hello All,

I have been away in different parts of the cyberspace
causing trouble, but now I am back to try and do
something positive with the dot GNU project.

I have noticed that the MONO compiler has over 150
test cases its repository.

Do you guys think that it would be ethic, resonable
and good to import them into
the cscc testing framework? Of course this will be
alot of work, but the tests should be licensable,
right?

Those plus the list of problems that I am extracting
from compiling the pnetlib should give us a very clear
picture of the hurdles to jump over on the pnet
project.

I am not going to be able to make it to the meeting on
sat, but I hope to start contributing more the quality
assurance and testing side of the project. It is quite
interesting trying to extract test cases and figure
out how to reproduce them.

I have been learning alot about c# and how much work
rhys has been putting into the project!!!

Mike

=====
James Michael DuPont