[DotGNU]Usage of Code Contained in Standard ECMA-334 C# Language Specifi

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: [DotGNU]Usage of Code Contained in Standard ECMA-334 C# Language Specification
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 05:06:00 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Sirs,

I have a question about the copyright and license of
the "Standard ECMA-334 C# Language Specification".

Please excuse me ccing this to so many people, but
since I have gotten no reply to my original request I
have rephrased my question and posted it to many other
parties.

This ECMA standards document contains many
programs in it that can be used to test the compliance
of a implementation that is described by this
document.

It would be in the best interest of the EMCA to have
a public test cases made available so that any
implementation can be tested.

I would like to extract the snippets of code in
order to create a publicly available library of tests
for
a C# implementation.

Currently I have converted ECMA the PDF to text and
have written a perl script the extract out the C# code
blocks.

Before I start redistributing the extract code, and
cleaning them up for a proper test case, I would like
to clear up the issue of the copyright and the
licensing.

I do not want to make myself liable for doing this,
and am therefore writing to you directly.

Can you please tell me if the Word Document
distributed by microsoft in the Visual Studio .NET
"C# Language Specification" Modified 22 July 2001 is
equivalent to the
ecma
specification?

Can you tell me if I may also extract code
snippets from that document if they differ from the
original
ECMA specification from
http://www.ecma.ch/ecma1/STAND/ecma-334.htm?

What is the copyright on the ECMA files?

What would I have to put into the headers of the tests
if I were to
redistribute them?

Thanks very much, I hope to hear from you soon.

Mike

=====
James Michael DuPont