[DotGNU]Open Content Network: Free Software P2P

From: Daniel Carrera
Subject: [DotGNU]Open Content Network: Free Software P2P
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 10:01:38 -0400 (EDT)

1)
> The other bonus of it being Open Source is there is no chance of there
> being sleeper software built-in like the recent revelations about
> KaZaA.

What are these recent revelations?
Could someone point me to a page that describes this?

2)
What do people think about this?  I have a problem with Napster, Gnutella,
etc.
You can make a case that music, like software, should be free.

However, free music, like free software, is about voluntarily giving the
fruits of your labour freely.  It is not about grabbing what someone
didn't intend to be free.

I believe in Free Software and I would love to see Adobe making Photoshop
free.  However, I don't think that it's okay to start giving away copies
of Adobe Photoshop.  Adobe does not want Photoshop free.

Daniel.