Re: [DotGNU]Ethics Question

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Ethics Question
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 02:18:26 -0700 (PDT)

This is a bit off toplic,
we do rant about licenses here, but in the context of
the dotgnu project.
I would post this to gnu.misc.dicuss.
GPl is for software, GDL is for documentation.

If you want to protect you ads, maybe putting them
under the gnu documentation license would give your
competition the ability to create derived works from
your ads?

I have always wondered how advertising for GPled
software should work. I think suse and redhat dont
give away thier ads, they spend alot of money on them.

mike
--- Matthew Tedder <address@hidden> wrote:

> Question:
>
>     Is it ethical, according to the Free Software
> movement, to require that
> my advertising remain in any derivative products of
> software I plan to free?
>
>     Could such a modification be made to the GPL?
>
> Matthew
>
> --
> Anything that can be logically explained, can be
> programmed.

=====
James Michael DuPont