[DotGNU]FW: LibxmlSharp Status 19 June 2002

From: Gopal V
Subject: [DotGNU]FW: LibxmlSharp Status 19 June 2002
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 06:01:45 +0530

(sending again !)

Hi all,

I have finally finished fixing the basic parsing and tree
construction in libxmlsharp. The Normalization of the parse
tree has been reimplemented with the runtime's GC in mind .
The first release (0.0.1) will probably happen this weekend.

What is there in libxml# ?
--------------------------

The basic parsing works , as do the various GetAttr,Children
and Attributes stuff . The NodeCache has been extended to count
references and avoid double free'ing . The library also inherits
HTTP support via the nanoHTTP in libxml2 . Also it supports .gz
files by default.

"http://dotgnu.org/xml/sections.xml"; or "/tmp/status.xml.gz" are both
accepted and parsed correctly by libxmlsharp. I thought this might
a Good Thing (TM)

What's left to do ?
-------------------

The library still to implement the Xml Namespaces, Dtd support
and exception support .  The Namespace and Dtd need only to be
wrapped off libxml2 . The Exception issue is more complicated
as libxml2 uses an error callback, to invoke an Exception from
a callback would tie it down to pnet. I'm thinking about the
using a GetLastErrorMessage() idea. Other less complicated TODO's
remain the Clone , GetHashCode and ToString functions .. and
last but not least Documentation !

What's DotGNU-Doc doing in libxmlsharp ?

DotGNU-Doc module in CVS is unrelated to libxmlsharp ... thanks
to S11001001's efforts we have a nice set of .texi files which
form a basis for a general documentation effort. Feel free to
ask me for CVS commit access or to send patches or new essays
,ideas or concepts that you would like to submit there.