[DotGNU]Meet-a-thon first session summary

From: Gopal V
Subject: [DotGNU]Meet-a-thon first session summary
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 18:46:53 +0530

Hi Everyone,
        The meet-a-thon has finally begun in full swing ... we had a few new
visitors around the place and but eventhough it was supposed to be more
of a general discussion session , the presence of rhys inevitably turned
it more into the direction of Portable.Net ...

We do have some good news from Portable.Net , it is capable of running
GTK# programs (http://www.southern-storm.com.au/download/dump2.png) .

Also some nice bugs were caught today (thanks Chiraz) ... and some
discussion about porting Pnet to linux-gnu-IA64 ... Also as is usual
with any meeting the subject of SEE came up with the ubquitous discussions
about the two ideas ...

Some jabber arguments were brought up about why jabber is better than
HTTP ... (More jabber people are needed to defend Jabber...) .

And finally my Slashdot post for DotGNU Meet-a-thon is still in Pending !
(which explains the low numbers of visitors)

See log on http://dotgnu.voxel.net/~andrew/logs/dotgnu