Re: [DotGNU]The SEE playground has been visited...

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]The SEE playground has been visited...
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 07:11:31 +0530

If memory serves me right, Gerard Toonstra wrote:
> Good thing I did, cause it coredumps :(   tracing it seems to do with
> GC_ calls. Possibly because it's now in a plugin that's dynamically
> loaded... some insights would be appreciated (stack problems?)

I'll take a closer look and try to clean it up a bit (tonight) ...
I have to say that the code doesn't look pretty ... ie a lot of
hardcoded stuff ... but great design .. I think I'll compensate my
lack of vision by helping on the code .

(currently reading up on it ...)

Also I seem to find definite parallels to my pnet_python code .. this
seems to be faaar easier to do ?.. ( no nasty Object marshalling ...
or signature mapping ... Heaven !)

Well chiraz I hope you can do some crypto magic here as well ...

> Sadly, my Makefile.am is very bad, so it probably will not allow you to
> automake and autoconf it at the moment. I suspect it'll complain about
> path settings that have been hardcoded rather than detected.

So how do I make a Makefile out of it .... :-( ... I just tried to
write my own ...

> Other than that, the code is a starting point.

I'll try to rush things via the codebase stuff ... we should put it in
some CVS as it becomes presentable (dotgnu-see ?)

> Then 'see' if you can run it. :)

Coredumps and cannot seem to debug it ... my GCC generates some code
that my gdb does not understand ... (Dwarf2)