Re: [DotGNU]Array fun

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Array fun
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 00:19:06 +0530

If memory serves me right, Michael Stolovitzsky wrote:
> 1) Should it compile?

Dunno,.....

> 2) Why doesn't it anyway? :)

Coz Array does not have a this[] indexer ... But it implements
IList ... So

((IList)a)[c]="A";

should compile and it does .... So I guess we should "implement"
the "plain" this[] indexer for pnetlib by copy-pasting the
IList.this[] code ;-)

Btw, I know a potential bug in foreach ... I'll look into that
soon ... a similar Interface issue , as the interface method
returns System.Object and I cannot obtain the correct cast to
assign it .. I'm currently checking only the "plain" functions.

>             arr[c] = "A";

The error message shows an invalid line number ie ...

array.cs:12: array or indexed value expected

where the line no is 10...

Fix was obvious ... (Thank God !)

Thanks again Michael for these bugs , they're what drives me !!