Re: [DotGNU]Problem compiling treecc on cygwin

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Problem compiling treecc on cygwin
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 13:51:26 -0700 (PDT)

--- Olivier Dagenais <address@hidden> wrote:
> I've got the bleeding edge Cygwin, having performed a full install of
> all current packages just this weekend.

This is a problem that I have documented and patched
before. I posted full instructions and patches for building but they
have not been implemented yet :
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/dotgnu/build.txt

It is because the automake problems recognizing the dependancies
between the c++ bison files and the inputs.
Rhys was testing with an older version of the autotools and did not
have  any problem...
If you make the expr_cpp.o it should also work, I cannot quite remember
what the problem was...

here is a built and clean treecc:
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/dotgnu/treecc-clean.tar.gz

Also here are the patches to get it running
PNET patch:
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/dotgnu/mdupont-020515.patch

treecc patch:
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/dotgnu/mdupont-treecc-020715

If anyone has any problems with cygwin, please feel free to ask,
I am not a automake expert, but pretty sure that it was the problem.

Please try my patches and tell me if they help,
regards,
mike

=====
James Michael DuPont