[DotGNU]greek, egyptian gods(was [Load Balancer Proposal]<Original>Starg

From: S11001001
Subject: [DotGNU]greek, egyptian gods(was [Load Balancer Proposal]<Original>Stargazer)
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 18:39:30 -0500

John wrote:
Gopal V wrote:
Stargazer is an okay name, though I'm certain there are a few pieces of astronomy software by that name. If you're going to go for the obscure diety name approach suggested by Gopal: might I suggest Ma'at - the Egyptian weigher of souls, whose crest was the balance weighing a heart in one arm and a feather in the other? Why not Greek? Well, the Greek demi-diety of the balance, as I recall, is commonly called "Justice" and that's not a particularly interesting name, now'sit?

There are several that refer to justice IMH internet search; Themis is the most not-retarded-sounding one. However, Ma'at was Osiris's assistant, and I think Osiris sounds better.

I didn't catch the part about obscure :-\

--
Stephen Compall
DotGNU `Contributor' -- http://dotgnu.org

If people don't have to build, they can just snap their fingers and
duplicate them, that's wonderful. But this change in technology
doesn't suit the people who wants to be able to own individual copies
and can get money for individual copies. That's an idea that only fits
conserved objects. So they do their best to render programs like
material objects. Have you wondered why, when you go to the software
store and buy a copy of a program it comes in something that looks
like a book?  They want people to think as if they were getting a
material object, not to realize what they have really got in the form
of digital copyable data.
        -- RMS, Lecture at KTH (Sweden), 30 October 1986