Re: [DotGNU]To run ./hello.exe

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]To run ./hello.exe
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 10:41:22 +1000

Chris Smith wrote:

> I'm currently planning on ripping ilrun.c to bits to remove the command line
> option stuff etc and leave the bare bones.
>
> Might even suggest that ilrun.c is split up to leave a 'core' and a int main(
> int argc....) bootstrap.  ilrun could then be compiled as something like
> libilrun.so so things that want to embed the VM can do just that without
> resorting to hacking.

libILEngine.a already provides the bulk of the engine in a linkable
form.  It would certainly be possible to move "main" into the library
as "ILMain" or somesuch, but usually it is better for the embedding
application to control things a little better.

Right now, the build tree doesn't make shared objects for the
libraries.  A little bit of autoconf/automake magic is all that
should be required if some enterprising soul wants to play
with that.