Re: [DotGNU]Working Groups plan v2

From: Stephen Compall
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Working Groups plan v2
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 15:11:45 -0500

Sounds Good; here are my comments. BTW, I missed the "first" plan.

Peter Minten wrote:
Hi folks,

I worked out the Working Group plans a little more. The big change is that in
this proposal the WG's will actually have the power to steer projects in their

How open will *membership* in a WG be?

ensure DotGNU projects don't drift away from eachother and to preserve the goal
of DotGNU (providing an Free Software alternative to .NET).

And, let's not forget, "the best damned development environment ever".

In this proposal there will be 7 working groups:
1. Foundation code (pnet, dg-libs)

I think VRS and SEE really qualify as the "foundation", and pnet/dg-libs are the main track in VM development. But I'm biased ;)

3. Authorization (address@hidden)

Also the interoperable Virtual Identities systems, of which address@hidden is only one.

5. PR
6. Business

IMHO, 5 and 6 can be combined.

--
Stephen Compall
Also known as S11001001

I think that freedom is more important than mere technical advance. I
would always choose a less advanced free program rather than a more
advanced nonfree program, because I won't give up my freedom for
something like that. My rule is, if I can't share it with you, I won't
take it.
        -- RMS