Re: [DotGNU]Working Groups plan v2

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Working Groups plan v2
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 14:48:37 -0700 (PDT)

I would like to see an interface repository based on
storage of the classes dumped into a graph in the database is queried
by a dotgnu webserver. Like the vrs server, but using persistant
storage.
Kinda like a huge gnutella network where the lists of mp3 float around
the net, the class descriptors would be exchanged.

That would be a multi web server application, the ability to compile on
one machine and distribute even copies of the memory of the
application as a persistant snapshot would remind us of the ejb
persistant services.

Just some ideas to think in, the corba 3 specification for a mof
repository would come in handy. There are some GPL corba 3
implementations,
http://ditec.um.es/~dsevilla/ccm/ provides a nice list.

Next step for me is to try translation of the introspector meta
description of the gcc tree nodes into C#. Then generating a perl
interface in c to provide callbacks into that C# description via
Reflection.A perl generator that pipes into a perl interpreter via a
pipe. Yes that would be very easy to implement. And a perl program that
can generate C# programs to a cscc via a pipe. They can send each other
messages by compiling and loading dynamically the datagrams.

Wow.

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont