Re: [DotGNU]Working Groups plan v2

From: Eric Altendorf
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Working Groups plan v2
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 09:46:43 -0700

On Thursday 17 October 2002 23:22, James Michael DuPont wrote:
> An author would serve the code that he writes, or give it to a
> preferred server, that would replicate over the net as needed.
> Any classes that are published into the system, I would say the
> important parts of all the major GNU tools would be a great start.
> You might ask, who is calling this function? What fields are
> provided by class X? What classes have a field like Y? what methods
> access varible z?  What classes are in package U?

OK, so it is essentially an automated, distributed, p2p documentation
tool -- like JavaDoc crossed with, as you say, Gnutella?  That
actually is a pretty cool idea...  :-)

Sorry, I just didn't know what the end goal was.  Thanks for
explaining.

Eric

--
"First they ignore you.  Then they laugh at you.
 Then they fight you.  And then you win."             -Gandhi