Re: [DotGNU]My Expression compiler : with Parrot support

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]My Expression compiler : with Parrot support
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 18:40:55 +0530

If memory serves me right, Rhys Weatherley wrote:
> That was pretty cool Gopal.  You're reading my mind on how
> to generate Parrot code.  I've also decided to generate imcc.
> Let someone else worry about register allocation. :-)

The organization of the code shows exactly how I manage the code
like a stack ... viz a new $I<n> for each sub expression ;-)....
For me this is exactly what the stack does from a higher level.
The stack know  exactly where the next operands are, here I know
where they are node->right->tempvar and node->left->tempvar and
their type as well :-)

This was the information gleaned from the pnet meeting . This idea
was inspired by your question , which I translated to my compiler as
"how shall a Node_Expression say, I'm evaluated and stored in $I4"..

I knew that this idea of a carried variable would a good idea to
'quick port' my stack oriented code ... And imcc allows me to use a
lot of these $Is.

> Then we can bang through the node types together.

Ok -- but I'll be knee deep in exams by then :-(