[DotGNU]Requesting Changelog entry (Fw: the enum problem)

From: Gopal V
Subject: [DotGNU]Requesting Changelog entry (Fw: the enum problem)
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 23:23:53 +0530

If memory serves me right, R Hwang wrote:
> So, for example in
>
> ILNode_SemAnalysis(ILNode_ClassDefn)
>
> the currentClass and currentNamespace are saved in the if(node->body)
> block and then restored at the end of the block.
>
> If you do the same for currentMethod: save info->currentMethod
> somewhere, set info->currentMethod = NULL, then restore
> info->currentMethod to the original value at the end of the block, I
> think you will find that you can compile the problematic enum code.
>
> Mind you, this isn't to say that this is the correct solution, but it
> is food for thought...

Man !!! ... You're absolutely correct !! .. eventhough the solution
seems trivial now the point of breaking is that , nobody expected a
ClassDefn to be analysed mid method (refer: "Nobody expects the spanish
inquisition" ;)...

IF you had sent me this mail a day earlier , you could have saved me
a night of coffee induced insomnia !!! ... (aka Deep Hack mode).

I had the point figured out as the
        CSSemProgramItem(info, ILToProgramItem(ILField_Owner(field)));

I knew there was some problem with the scope in the ClassDefn, but
I got your mail and *WOW* !... it hit me what was missing .. and it
is the correct solution as well ...

Please send me a changelog entry as well ... and welcome to DotGNU.