Re: [DotGNU]Microsoft Shared Source License

From: Brandon Bremen
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Microsoft Shared Source License
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 00:01:42 -0800

On Wednesday, November 13, 2002, at 11:40  PM, Rhys Weatherley wrote:
The non-commercial version starved for contributors and fell behind.
What makes you think that this strategy will work for you when
it didn't work for anyone else?

</editorial-flame-hat-on>

Well put :)
I love the whole one page easy to read license. Can't say the same for their EULAs ;) They should take a page from Apple's book and make a nearly-but-not-really-free public license. But, then they would have to change their name. Speaking of Apple, I got some source code from them today. One of their developers wrote an ASCII quicktime viewer. I took a look at it and I plan on adding a feature or two just for the fun of it. I am very happy Apple is giving so much code out. Now to fix the final flaws in the APL..

On another note, I should install the latest cvs. I haven't done so for a version or two. /me writes it on the note pad next to him.

And a final note (to Joe): Microsoft always goes after developers. And on the flip side, they never even attempt to be popular to their users. What a backwards business practice.

Brandon