Re: [DotGNU]A request for help ... a mass effort

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]A request for help ... a mass effort
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 21:38:17 +0530

If memory serves me right, James Michael DuPont wrote:
> ILNode_TYPE_clone, one that takes the node that it will replace. This
> will allow for the semantics of the create to be separated from that of
> creation.

It's not always that way .... for example for an implied no argument
constructor node, there is not "clone" step ... It's  create a ".ctor"
method out of the blue ...

In that case I fill in the filename & linenums with the entries of the
class defn's identifier (name of class) ...

> Otherwise, a warning in the right place if a node has no line number
> would help.

Any ILNode_<x>_Create() will automatically fill in from the filename and
linenum entries in the parser ... So it will most probably be the last
line of the last file for each node ...

> Let me know how you want to proceed.

Identifying the location of creation and the *appropriate* substitution is
a very human task .. There are so many possibilities and so little cases
that it's easier to do it manually ...

Also to make another point clear .. Now that cscc works most of the time,
let's fix its' error reporting :-).