Re: [DotGNU]pnet status on IA-64

From: CH Gowri Kumar
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]pnet status on IA-64
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 17:17:10 +0530 (IST)

Hi gopal,
I have attached the files StatiInitialization.exe and FastBitMapper1.exe
Alternatively u can find all the files from:
http://www.thinkingin.net/book/ticsharpsrc.zip
Not sure abt. the copyright issues.

> That's strange ... The static member initializations should be compiled
> into the .cctor .. And that method executed just like anyother ...
I haven't looked into the details. As i said those conclusions were
layman's.

> The tests/test_verify tests the verifier ... but does not do execution
> testing for the instructions ... (/me has about 150 odd .cs files I
> wrote to test the runtime & compiler at various times ...) ..
> So ilunit exists , but I don't think it executes instructions ...
All the tests were passed by pnet on IA64.But i couldn't run any single
program because of the libffi bug. So, I was thinking it would be nice if
we have some test programs  which will execute the instructions also.
( The way I am doing it now is to get some exes and running them. But this
will never lead us to say that pnet is fully working on IA-64.and also
real pain to find out the bugs with big programs).

Regards,
Gowri Kumar