Re: [DotGNU]Call for test cases... Numeric Formatting

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Call for test cases... Numeric Formatting
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 14:23:10 +1000

Gopal V wrote:

> Now ... who can I get to write a wrapper for the POSIX 'int' based
> file stuff into an ANSI FILE* struct/typedef for pnetC ?...

No one.  We will be using the glibc stdio routines as-is, including
their printf.  But I need to fix some C compiler bugs first.

Let me repeat: we will _not_ be writing our own stdio, wrapped
around the C# routines.  It is very easy to get stdio wrong.

Only the low-level unistd routines need to be wrapped around
the C# library, and that's mostly done already.  All other I/O
and formatting routines will come from glibc.