Re: [DotGNU]Does cscc need a pedantic mode ?

From: Stephen Compall
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Does cscc need a pedantic mode ?
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 13:12:28 -0600

Gopal V wrote:
Ok ... having said all that .. do we need a 'pedantic' mode for complete
and total subservience to what MS CSC does ?

Maybe a *ECMA* compliance mode would better be called -pedantic, and an MS mode would be called -inferior ;) only serious. As long as it's not the default, like -ansi and -pedantic aren't defaults for gcc....

--
Stephen Compall
Also known as S11001001

But how you can encourage greater production of works in the 1920's by
extending copyright today escapes me, unless they have a time machine
somewhere.
        -- RMS, "Copyright and Globalization in the Age of Computer
                Networks", on retroactive copyright extension by the
                U.S. Government