Re: [DotGNU]The Mingw32 ilrun seems to run

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]The Mingw32 ilrun seems to run
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 14:58:26 -0800 (PST)

Yes, it is true:
I have build the pnet engine as a native binary for windows today
it runs without dlls, without any dependancies on anything.

you will find the binary for ilrun here
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/debian/incoming/ilrun.tgz

Now, for the truly brave and crazy
I made a snapshot of the buildir,
unfortually it contains lots of .I (expanded intermediate files) and .S
assembly files, so it is 9mb!
but you will find a snapshot of the sources, and many other .exes there
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/debian/incoming/pnet-mingw32_0.4.2-1.tar.gz

If you have a windows computer and have pnet installed either under
linux or cygwin, please try out the exe and let me know if it works.
three people have reported success.

Otherwise if you have debian, and want to help build
test or document. Or if you have a different distro and want to help
port the packages, check out the project page here for detailed
instructions on how it works
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/dia_win32.htm

--- Gopal V <address@hidden> wrote:
> mdupont has hacked up the ilrun with very few changes, and it runs...
> But be warned, it is by no means fully usable in Win32 ... But I
> guess
> Portable.Net is living upto its name ...

yes, and this is just the beginning.

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont