[DotGNU]Introduction

From: Matt Hanselman
Subject: [DotGNU]Introduction
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 13:01:19 -0600 (CST)

Hi all -

I'm interested in starting work on something related to DotGNU.

My preference is something language-related; something along the lines of
a compiler/debugger would be the best, while things like the SEE and
language plugins also look interesting.

I actually have almost no experience in .NET.  However I did work at DEC
(about a year before Compaq bought them) working on the C and C++
compilers.  My projects there included mega-optimization of printf() and
also rewriting the debugging symbol table generation codepath.  That work
was all in C.  Since then I've done mostly Java coding -- writing a custom
application server & markup language (started in the days when BEA,
Struts, etc, were too immature to use for real), along with all the
supporting tools for that.  FWIW Linux is my development platform of
choice, which I've been using since the pre-1.0 kernel days.  And while I
haven't used .NET before, I have used VC++ 6.0 for a few projects.

Does this sound at all interesting?  If so, tell me where to start poking
around, what things to start looking to get more familiar with the code,
etc.  Or if you want more info, just ask away.  :)

Thanks

- Matt