Re: [DotGNU]mingw32 support works for portable.net

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]mingw32 support works for portable.net
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 23:09:58 +0530

If memory serves me right, minddog wrote:
> but yeah thats my devhood tutorial...i should be doing some more to get
> people interested,

Good ... because I totally suck at writing tutorials ;-)

> but i'd like to be able to give a tutorial to the MS folks on how to drop
> in cscc as a replacement compiler so they can still use the software
> they paid a bazillion dollars for ;)

Won't be easy ... because cscc has a totally different syntax compared
to MS CSC , and the output for errors is modelled round gcc than on CSC.

#Develop would be another one which could be targetted , but well we need
the developers who know it well to write the error parser and command gen
stuff for cscc ...

I'd rather have people run $(CSANT) and provide a nice GUI tool to edit
and generate csant .build files ... and well, add a CSCC task for NAnt ..