Re: [DotGNU]MS .NET cmdline scripting environment

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]MS .NET cmdline scripting environment
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 21:51:51 +0530

If memory serves me right, Christian Axelsson wrote:
> How will this affect DotGNU? Will there be any attempts to implement
> crossplatform compability?

As long as MS keeps the actual stuff under wraps and keeps hyping about
"The Next Step in Command lines", nobody is going to care much. But if
they do open up on the spec, we have all the basic stuff needed to develop
such a shell .... like the CLI and reflection capabilities into the CLI
from the C code ...

Meanwhile, I'm keeping my eyes on stuff like the Janet project and the
Rhino's port or something like that .... It makes more sense to support
something called (guess what) ECMAScript ...

This will last till someone figures out that this is going to replace
vbscript and windows scripting host ... Interactivity seems to be the
only *new* addition ....

Well let's see if people like that more than bash.... after all , I
wouldn't want to have a shell that could access .NET functions ...
More viruses written that way that I could count ...