Re: [DotGNU]Discussing future plans

From: Chris Smith
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Discussing future plans
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 15:22:13 +0000

On Friday 03 January 2003 14:10, Gopal V wrote:
> Hi All,
>       So when do we conduct the meet-a-thon ? ... and when do I start
> firing away for the DotGNU offensive :-) ... Last but not least when
> do we release ? ..
>
>        Since everybody agrees that tomorrow is a bad day for releases
> (since Rhys is preparing for his Linux conf , I'm having a rest after
> the exams, Chris is busy with DGEE, and MDS status unknown....), we can
> rule that out..
>
> So which day do we release ?  ... and when is the meet-a-thon ? ... and
> how fast will the building of packages start ? .. I think the packaging
> might be easy with binaries as almost all project binaries are independent.

We need a development cut-off-date so that releases/rpm can be tested before
the public get them.

> And last but not least , I need some input from people working to see
> how the stuff can be adjusted.... It's a community effort and I would
> really like your opinion on this date ... (14th ?)..

Would like get a publically accessible DGEE up for the release too so people
can fire off requests to it etc.  Minddog said he was looking at this.   This
would also need some example webservices to be written and deployed.  Some of
the standard xmlrpc.org bettyservices would probably be good, though not the
struct/array ones.

I'm trying to rationalise the installation so it becomes install-and-go, a
bit tricky on the uid/gid & apache side.

The savannah registration is with the savannah-hackers.  Will upload the src
into the CVS tree when it's approved.

cds

--
Chris Smith
  Technical Architect - netFluid Technology Ltd.