[DotGNU]Meet-a-thon announce, cut #1

From: Gopal V
Subject: [DotGNU]Meet-a-thon announce, cut #1
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 23:26:39 +0530

=cut

DotGNU Meet-a-thon III
-----------------------

``Made it work, now making it work better''

        The DotGNU meet-a-thon III is being organized by the DotGNU
developer community to meet and interact with the rest of the world.
The DotGNU project has come into it's second year and is still
growing strongers still. The project has had a reasonably prosperous
2002, and has started taking solid shape.

        We've built a yet another Quarter million lines in the past year
and the entire project counts to more than half-a-million lines of code
as of now.

        Now, the time's come to take stock of what we did and what we missed.
We would like to know what you think about the project and the code it
has spewed into the ether.

        So a 36 hour IRC meet-a-thon is being conducted on irc.freenode.net
on #dotgnu . The meet is organized as sessions of 4 hours with most major
developers logging on according to their timezones. The meeting will be
kicked off at 1000 UTC Saturday. It will continue for the next 36 hours
and key dotgnu people will remain on the channel to discuss new ideas,
meet new people and talk about their projects. Visit our website's most
stable mirror at http://gnu.org/projects/dotgnu/ .

Projects Being Released soon
----------------------------

*) TreeCC 0.2.0 -- compiler design tool
*) DotGNU Portable.Net 0.5.0 -- foundation code, C# compiler , VM, libs
*) DGEE 0.1.0 -- xmlrpc appserver

We have other projects who are still under heavy testing like

*) DotGNU Forum -- xmlrpc client for everything DotGNU
*) address@hidden -- Auth subsystem (being tested extensively)

=end cut

This is my first cut of the official announcement for DotGNU Meet-a-thon.

I would like to know if someone is going to submit it to any news site ?.
(I'll handle Slashdot.org personally) ... Other news sites like osnews,
gnu-friends,lwn,linuxworld, etc... need special attention. (pick one ;)...
Writeups for other journals as well as talking on the channel are greatly
appreciated !..

Also who's doing builds where ? ... I'm building up a downloads.html
file for the website after some time (prolly tomorrow). So I just want
to know if someone is going to build a zip file for the windows build
of Portable.Net ? .. (we'll do installers for 0.5.2 :-)

Also I'm not building RPMs this release .... so who's building them ?
and I wish Scandium's ebuilds all success ! ..

Get Organized !