Re: AW: [DotGNU] Oberon.net compat

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: AW: [DotGNU] Oberon.net compat
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 23:56:32 +0530

If memory serves me right, Patrick Pletscher wrote:
> So if I understand you right, the developer of the compiler has to change
> some parts of his code and than it
> should work also under linux, or did I misunderstood you?

Not really ... you need that only if you're using Portable.net's ILASM ...
I've hit the first bug ... but there's another right behind it ... ,
I think we might be able to fix that as well easily ... But I'm practically
falling asleep over the keyboard now :) ...

As on today the output of Oberon.Net compiler does not assemble well with
our ILASM ... And the assembled code will probably fail in all VMs as well.
But tomorrow you might wake up and find it working :)

I'm not really that sure about ILASM hacking (haven't fully read the code yet),
so I'll sleep over the bug and if it isn't fixed by morning .... I'll attempt
a hack ...

Btw, there are a couple of small missing features which are needed to run
Oberon.net on Portable.net ... (like missing Assembly.LoadPartialName ...)

I wouldn't bother the compiler dev much about this ... after all we'll have
an MS .NET compatible, though a lot less fussier , ILASM ...

If you could log a bug along with the .il file you sent the list ... (or I
may just forget some bugs ...)...