Re: [DotGNU]Message passing between webservices

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Message passing between webservices
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 12:28:14 -0800 (PST)

Sounds all good to me.
It looks like I need to get my C# sword sharpend.

I will look at dgee first, and see how far i get.

--- Peter Minten <address@hidden> wrote:

> * Webservices are not defined by putting [Webservice] above a class
> but by
> creating an webservice object.
>
> * A class becomes accessible as part of a webservice when you put
> [PublishedClass(ws="webservicename")] above it. The description can
> also be set
> in the PublishedClass attribute.

What about a namespace attribute that defines the webservice?
then you dont need to define the ws=attribute?

> * A member of a published class becomes automatically part of a
> webservice
> unless [UnpublishedMember] is put above it. The description of a
> published
> member can be set using [PublishedMember(description="foo")]

a public member you mean? Private members are not published are they?

> > Remote updation is risky business ... atomicity,reliability and
> concurrent
> > writes are some of the "well studied" problems ... my textbook
> instincts
> > suggests liberal use of locks....
>
> > > have long thought that C# is an ideal specification language for
> > > interfaces.
>
> It pretty much rocks there, can't think of a better language for this
> kind of
> thing :-).

Well it all sounds good to me.

mike