Re: [DotGNU] Oberon.net compat

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU] Oberon.net compat
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 20:13:14 +1000

On Monday 13 January 2003 12:41 am, Patrick Pletscher wrote:

> I attached the IL which doesnt function and also the sources of the
> program, if somebody wants to compile it itself.

I think I've fixed all the ilasm-related and engine-related bugs that caused
this test case to fail.  There were a number of issues:

1. The "instance" flag that we already discussed.  Now, ilasm will add that
flag automatically for "newobj", "callvirt", and "ldvirtfn" instructions.

2. There was a verifier bug related to single-dimensional arrays: the Oberon
code was using "newobj" to create the array instead of "newarr".  Nothing
wrong with that - it is allowed by the spec, although I originally thought
that it wasn't.

3. The Oberon code did not have ".maxstack" declarations, so pnet's ilasm was
assuming that the maximum stack size was zero.  Which caused other verifier
issues.  I changed the default maximum stack size to 8, to match MS'es ilasm.

All of these changes are in CVS now.  That just leaves the "Process" bug in
pnetlib.  Volunteers to look into that are welcome.