[DotGNU]Mahjongg for Qt#

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: [DotGNU]Mahjongg for Qt#
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 22:09:58 +1000

Here's a little bit of fun that I whipped up today: a Mahjongg-style "match
the tiles" game for Qt#.  It runs on top of Portable.NET quite nicely, and I
may use it as my standard "look at this cool thingy" demo in Perth.

The tileset came from kmahjongg, modified to use the .png format instead of
.bmp, because .png's handle transparencies better.

Here are some things that people can do to make this even cooler:

- Add loadable tilesets, backgrounds, and layouts.
- Add some kind of scoring system.
- Detect game win and lose conditions (right now it just keeps going
  until you manually select "New Game").
- Implement a "Hint" mode.
- Be smarter about the install location: right now "tiles.png" must be
  in the current directory when you run it.

If the Qt# guys want to add this to their standard samples, then be my guest.