Re: [DotGNU]Mahjongg for Qt#

From: Adam Treat
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Mahjongg for Qt#
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 18:26:44 -0500

On Wednesday 15 January 2003 07:09 am, Rhys Weatherley wrote:
> Here's a little bit of fun that I whipped up today: a Mahjongg-style "match
> the tiles" game for Qt#.  It runs on top of Portable.NET quite nicely, and
> I may use it as my standard "look at this cool thingy" demo in Perth.
>
> The tileset came from kmahjongg, modified to use the .png format instead of
> .bmp, because .png's handle transparencies better.
>
> Here are some things that people can do to make this even cooler:
>
> - Add loadable tilesets, backgrounds, and layouts.
> - Add some kind of scoring system.
> - Detect game win and lose conditions (right now it just keeps going
>   until you manually select "New Game").
> - Implement a "Hint" mode.
> - Be smarter about the install location: right now "tiles.png" must be
>   in the current directory when you run it.
>
> If the Qt# guys want to add this to their standard samples, then be my
> guest.

Wow, man that is pretty cool!  I will definately place this in cvs eventually,
but for now maybe it could live in pnet??  our cvs is undergoing some major
changes as we gear up for the all new stuff.  I could put it in BRANCH, but
this is our stable release.  Is ok to put in pnet's cvs for now?

Thanks Rhys this is really cool :)

Adam