Re: [DotGNU]#line directives in treecc and gcov/gdb

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]#line directives in treecc and gcov/gdb
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 11:05:06 +1000

On Sunday 26 January 2003 08:23 am, Rhys Weatherley wrote:

> I've never had any problems with gdb and #line.  I regularly do things like
> "break cg_arith.tc:294" and it works just fine.

OK, I spoke a little too soon.  Looks like gcc 3.2 has some problems.  gcc
2.95 never gave me any trouble.  I have precisely the same problem with 3.2
when I try to set a breakpoint in cs_grammar.y - it tells me that the file
doesn't exist.  Looks like a bug in gcc, or perhaps recent gdb's.

It does not appear to be in pnet.  You can work around it by turning off #line
and then, but that isn't a permanent solution, and won't be checked into CVS
because it will interfere with debugging on 2.95 systems.  If someone knows
of a better work-around please step up and tell me.