[DotGNU]Re: [Introspector-developers] Re: Call for a DotGNU/W3C RDF API

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: [DotGNU]Re: [Introspector-developers] Re: Call for a DotGNU/W3C RDF API (was Re:GPL relicense for Euler (was Re: call for alpha testers EulerSharp for dotgnu/pnet))
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 23:11:18 +0100 (CET)

 --- "Daniel \"eikeon\" Krech" <address@hidden> schrieb: > On Tue,
2003-02-11 at 10:16, James Michael DuPont wrote:

> > What do you think? Who would like to be involved? I would like to
> get
> > one member from the various rdf implementations there,  the is the
> most
> > important part. We need your support!
>
> I would like to be involved.
Cool. Dajob said he and you were talking about aligning interfaces.

we need to get a core set of axioms, what we can all agree on.
Everything else needs to be derived from that.

>I have done some thinking on how the
> rdflib
> interfaces would map into C# and am interested in convergence /
> alignment with other interfaces.

Things like hashes, uri, arrays and lists, all are core parts of the
ecma, and should be available under all c# implementations. Even under
parrot/python/perl we can assume an equivalent interface.

Even so, maybe should create these types as redland has done, and
implement them as part derive from the ECMA classes?
I think that we should just use the standard directly, we are not
aiming to make a java standard, but a c# interface standard in the
first step. The IL interfaces will be available from any language once
first defined.

I think we need to concentrate on the types and the method signatures,
not the implementations.C# provides a very clean way to do this, as
shown by the ECMA spec.

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont