Re: [DotGNU]ECMA compatible pnetlib

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]ECMA compatible pnetlib
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 12:47:03 +0530

If memory serves me right, Rhys Weatherley wrote:
> these discrepancies are due to bugs in the ECMA specification and other times
> they are due to ECMA not needing the full SDK functionality.
>
> Normally these issues will be resolved in the direction of being more
> interoperable with the with other CLI implementations, not less.  The ECMA is
> not infalliable - bugs in the spec are not unheard of.  If in doubt, ask me
> and I'll make a determination as to which way we should jump.

According to ECMA System.Net.Sockets.SocketException inherits from
SystemException . But other CLI implementations inherit it from the
Win32Exception ?. Win32Exception is a non-ECMA class ... so what do
I do ?.

Simon Guindon Wrote:
> ./bedrock/net/AsyncSocket.cs:420: invalid operands to binary `!='
> Code:    if ((e.ErrorCode != 10053) &&
> Reason:  No idea

This bug is due to this small discrepancy ... as Win32Exception inherits
from System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException which has a public
ErrorCode property.

Non-ECMA has

Exception
  `---SystemException
        `---ExternalException
              `---Win32Exception
                    `--SocketException

while Ecma has

Exception
  `---SystemException
        `--SocketException

Do I conditionally inherit according to ECMA ?. Would that affect code
compiled against ECMA libs ?.