[DotGNU]Win32 GTK# Question

From: Robert Johnson
Subject: [DotGNU]Win32 GTK# Question
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 14:12:27 -0800 (PST)

t3rmin4t0r -

Unfortunately I did not get a chance to to tell you
what I found out about the gtk# problem I found and
talked to you about today on irc. Let me just tell you
and everybody on the list what I found again.

I am using the compiled installer for gtk# version 6
for Win32. I have the directory which contains the
gtk# libraries in my "path" environment variable. and
I compiled a HellowWorld.cs gtk# application with pnet
using "cscc -o HelloWorld.exe -gtk HelloWorld.cs". The
Application compiled fine but when I tried to run it
with ilrun I got the message:

**************************************>

C:\bob-code\gtksharp>ilrun HelloWorld.exe
C:\mono-0.17\install\lib/libgtk-win32-2.0-0.dll:
dynamic libraries are not available
Uncaught exception: System.MissingMethodException:
Attempted to access a non-existing method
        at Gtk.Application.Init()
        at GtkSamples.HelloWorld.Main(String[])

**************************************>

But when I try to run the application with mono it
runs without this this error.

You mentioned that I should look in my
"/pnet/include/il_config.h for the line "#define
HAVE_DLOPEN 1". I did not find this line in my
"c:\pnet\include\pnet\il_config.h".

You also mentioned to me that it might be a problem
with the pnet build. Do you have any information as to
what this error is all about?

By the way I am using pnet 0.5.2 that I compiled for
Win32 (using the --disbale-cgygwin switch).

Thanks

Bob J