[DotGNU]Jabber Simulator

From: Simon Guindon
Subject: [DotGNU]Jabber Simulator
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 03:07:18 -0500

Ok I'm stuck in a bind here and I need some help.  I'm not sure if theres
many of you familiar with Jabber.NET yet but I'm building a Jabber session
simulator, so we can test the rest of Jabber.NET on the PNET platform and
bugfix while Gopal is working on faking threading and async sockets.

with marcusU's help I've made a compiler symbol that you can define if you
want to use the simulator or use real mode.

The difference between simulator and real mode is the JabberClient class
derives from JabberSimulator ( a hacked version of SocketElementStream) or
the real SocketElementStream itself.

My hacked version basically stops the socket from actually trying to connect
or actually send out data, and I force feed XML into the buffer.

So basically JabberSimulator.Connect looks like this:

this.State = ConnectedState.Instance;
jabber.protocol.stream.Stream str = new jabber.protocol.stream.Stream(m_doc,
Namespace);
str.To = this.Host;
Write(str.StartTag());

m_stream.Push(System.Text.ASCIIEncoding.ASCII.GetBytes(Step1));
if (OnReadText != null)
{
        OnReadText(null, Step1);
}

the m_stream.Push seems to be the function to push XML apon the parser, and
it SEEMS to be working, when I push something to it, the events that allow
me to view incoming/outgoing XML seem to be firing as well, which is GREAT
signs.

I'm baffled as to why the Jabber.NET library isn't continueing with the
process, after I simulate the initial request/response Jabber.NET is
supposed to send off another request automatically to query for auth info.

Am I going about this simulator in the right manner?  I've been cracking my
brain on this for well over 4 hours and totally stuck at this point.  My
kickstarting Jabber.NET should be getting the process on its way.

Thanks,
Simon

Simon Guindon
Nureality Networks