Re: [DotGNU]Mercury on Portable.NET (not successful)

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Mercury on Portable.NET (not successful)
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 04:49:06 -0800 (PST)

--- Fergus Henderson <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 27-Feb-2003, James Michael DuPont <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > > Here's what happened when I attempted to run a Mercury "hello
> world"
> > > program that has been compiled for .NET.  After putting the
> hello.exe
> > > file and all the DLLs for the Mercury standard library and
> runtime in
> > > a directory, I ran
> > >
> > Can you run ildasm from microsoft on these dlls.
> > please provide them an a zip file with all these dlls.
>
> Done.  It's in the file "mercury_dotnet_hello_ildasm.zip" at
> <ftp://ftp.mercury.cs.mu.oz.au/pub/mercury/dotgnu_test/>.

Thanks, I send that mail before I saw the post with the dll.
I have done this myself for the three dlls that my *outdated* version
of ildasm did not dump. But i will have to try and reassamble them.

If you want to use the il from rotor/microsoft you need to do the
following manual modifications : (from the example of
mercury.construct__cpp_code)

1. comment out everything in CLASS STRUCTURE DECLARATION
it is not standard IL.
// ============== CLASS STRUCTURE DECLARATION ==================
//
// Forwards
//.namespace mercury.construct__cpp_code
//{
 // .class /*02000002*/ public auto ansi mercury_code
 //        extends [mscorlib/* 23000001 */]System.Object/* 01000006 */
 // {
 // } // end of class mercury_code
//} // end of namespace mercury.construct__cpp_code
// =============================================================

2. move all the .data D_* statements to the top,
put them right under GLOBAL FIELDS AND METHODS
// =============== GLOBAL FIELDS AND METHODS ===================
.data D_0000E948 = bytearray (      00 00 00 00)

Then you can compile that with pnet/ILSAM

I will be producing a new version of rotor that has these patches,
but cannot seem to find the time.

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont