Re: [DotGNU]Newbie

From: minddog
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Newbie
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 01:08:02 -0700

On Tuesday 04 March 2003 22:44, Roger R. Smith wrote:
> Hi, I definately would like to help you guys. I am a Math/CS grad from
> UNC-Chapel Hill. I now work at Cisco Systems in Raleigh, NC. I have been
> using MS .NET for my own pleasure only for about a month or 2 and I love
> it. So I would like to contribute on making it more prevalent to everyone.
Wonderful, how did you find out about us?  We would be delighted to have you
onboard.
> I am interested in security and the System.Security library, but I would
> be more than happy to help out wherever I can. Please let me know what I
> need to get in order to get started and where you guys would like me to
> start.
We currently have an absolute zero people working on System.Security, so go
for it!

Here's some quick tips on getting started:
1)If you haven't already, grab the ecma335 docs...
or view them on my server
http://minddog.shacknet.nu:8080/~minddog/ecmaspec335/
2)Snag some test cases from sites =)
3)Hop in on irc.freenode.net #dotgnu often =D
4)Ask questions if you're unsure
5)Create a wiki page for System.Security somewhere on
http://wiki.dotgnu.org/

Note to others: Does anyone know the current status on System.Security?

Good luck =)

regards,
--
--minddog( Adam Ballai )

"I try to take it one day at a time, but several of them attack me at once."
-mistyflip